Famous actors and actresses have all come from different circumstances and backgrounds. Some were theatre actors, comedians, or models, or one of many other things. The truth is that anyone who really wants to be an actor can learn and develop the talent for acting. It may take months or it may take years, but if you want to be a good actor, here are 5 tips you should certainly remember for a successful acting career.
1. Don’t be afraid of failure. As you step out into the spotlight, you will draw attention. Lots of people will be looking at you, criticizing, judging, liking or disliking, and you need to be able to not care one bit about what they say. You need to believe in yourself and not depend on the good opinions of others in order to perform or be happy. Otherwise your acting career will never go anywhere and all you’ll be left with are feelings of inadequacy.
2. Good acting is not about doing certain motions, saying lines, or looking like a certain person. It is about becoming the character. The character you will portray should be a real, living, breathing person who you become in order to play your part. You should know the history of the character, the personality and quirks, and the ins and outs of his reactions and thoughts.
3. Practice. You can go off on a whole trip about “feeling” and “flowing” with the character, but the truth is you need to know what you’re doing. Practice is an inescapable and priceless part of an acting career.
4. Move to an area where there are more opportunities for your acting career. If you live in a tiny little town, then most likely your biggest role will be in the school play. If you want to get paid well and become famous, go somewhere where your acting career will mean something.
5. Be tenacious. Keep trying and trying and trying until you get your big break. An acting career is about a whole lot of failure and rejection until your moment finally comes. And it will come if you don’t give up.
Learn about acting from others near you at LRNGO.com.