What is Meditation?
Meditation is the practice of reaching an inner state of peace, harmony or even compassion through relaxed and meaningful deep breathing and contemplative efforts. Your meditation guide will outline what meditation is and what it’s not, helping you to be aware of previous taboos that might be holding you back from trying. Your meditation guide might also explain that there are different ways to meditate and ultimately it’s up to you to choose the technique or method you most prefer and what hits your key.
The Benefits of Meditation
Your meditation guide will then motivate you by listing the many benefits of meditation. To give you a quick and brief outline, here are just a few:
- A technique to help achieve peace and inner harmony
- To learn how to mentally and physically reduce stress
- To develop your mental acumen and power
- Help you become aware of bad habits and learn to minimize them
- Move from being a habitually anxious, nervous or worried individual to a confident, more loving and positive one.
- To learn positive thinking and achieve physical healing
How to Meditate
Once you become aware of all of the benefits and are convinced it’s for you, your meditation guide will help you to begin your journey. He will teach you how to deep breathe, and you’ll learn the meditation posture. These two principles form the basis of meditation and learning how to access altered states of awareness.
Photo Credit:Moyan Brenn