Understand the Structure of Sheet Music
Before you can read music, you must first understand all that is incorporated in a piece of sheet music.
- The Staff is a grid made up of spaces and lines upon which the music is written.
- The Treble Clef is used for instruments that produce a high pitch.
- The Bass Clef is for lower pitched instruments.
- The Key Signature signifies which whether the notes are sharp or flat.
- The Time Measure indicates the speed at which the notes are played.
Music lessons will reiterate the importance of understanding the structure of sheet music. Then the information required for understanding notes can be taught. Once you understand the theory and technique behind notes, you...